Division III schools provide an integrated environment focusing on academic success while offering a competitive athletics environment. Division III rules minimize potential conflicts between athletics and academics and focus on regional in-season and conference play.
While Division III schools do not offer athletics scholarships, 75 percent of Division III student-athletes receive some form of merit or need-based financial aid.
If you are planning to attend a Division III school, you do not need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. Division III schools set their own admissions standards.
Division III facts
- 183,500 student- athletes
- 448 schools
- Division III schools do not offer athletics scholarships. However, 75 percent of student-athletes receive some form of merit or need-based financial aid.
- 2012 Academic Success Rate: 87 percent
- Average enrollment: 2,600 Average number of sports: 18
- Average percentage of student body participating in NCAA sports: 21 percent
- Division I national championships: 28 (1 out of every 10 student-athletes participates)