Mrs. Stow is no longer the NHS Adviser! Ms. Miller in room 133 is the new NHS Adviser. Applications are still available on this webpage. Email your completed application to email@example.com. The Application Deadline is September 16, 2021.
Guidelines for becoming a member: 2021-2022 Application NOW available on the links below!
1. Only open to incoming Juniors and Seniors
2. Have a GPA of 3.5 or greater
3. Have taken the following: 9th grade - 1 honors class; 10th grade - 2 honors and/or AP classes; 11th grade - 3 honors and/or AP classes; 12th grade - 3 honors and/or AP classes.
4. 35 hrs of verifiable Community Service over the last year.
5. Hold AT LEAST one Leadership role (officer of a club, officer or commissioner in ASB, section lead in band or choir, captain of a team, run a youth program or babysitting program in your place of worship, etc.) AND continue it through the school year
6. Get two letters of recommendation from two teachers who know you well (The form a teacher fills out is part of the application).
National Honor Society meets on the 2nd Thursday of every month, at lunch.First Meeting: TBD - AFTER Selection has been announced2021-2022 NHS OfficersPresident: Thomas LeeVice President: Naiya Garnica-HoltSecretary/Treasurer: Madison ZhuangClass Advisor: Ms. Marja MillerExecutive Board Meeting: 2nd Wednesday of every month
Once meetings have begun please join our REMIND GROUP by
Texting @nhschhs22 to 81010
AND join the Google CHHS NHS page -
Please don't ask your teachers to write a full-blown recommendation. Give them or send them a copy of the teacher recommendation form (last page of application). It's NOT supposed to be complicated or onerous on the teacher.
Application Deadline is September 16, 2021. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS Dues & Optional Items can be paid for at the student store.Club Membership Dues & Certificate (Diploma Seal - seniors only): $10 per year - DUE - AFTER SELECTION is announced and/or the week after the first meeting. Paid online through the student store.To maintain membership you MUST:1. Attend ALL club meetings - unless previously arranged.2. Turn in 20 verifiable hours of community service at the end of 1st AND 2nd Semesters (so, that is 40 hrs total for the school year), AND3. By January 29, 2022, turn in an UPDATED TRANSCRIPT/COUNSELING WORKSHEET that has your current GPA (including Fall Semester).4. Maintain at least ONE Leadership position.Items below are OPTIONAL: PAYABLE to the Student StoreGraduation Stoles (SENIORS ONLY) $26(payment due by February 26, 2022)Graduation Medallion (SENIORS ONLY) $19(payment due by February 26, 2022)Official NHS Pin with Membership Card $8(payment due date TBA)Letterman Jacket Patch $8(payment due date TBA)