Welome to Mr. Morales Distance Learning Classroom
Virtual Office Hours
These are hours which I will be available, Live, on Google Meet, for questions regarding assignments, schedules, and other schoolwork concerns. Find the link for my Virtual Office Hours in our Google Classroom. Classwork page, under the "Communications" Heading
Google meet code for office Hours is Morales235
Tuesday 7:30 to 8:15 & 1:35 to 2:20
Wednesday 7:30 to 8:15 & 1:35 to 2:20
We will be using Google Classroom to post and submit electronic assignments. Each Student will receive an access code to enter the class that will be sent to your student email. If you have any difficulties email me. ASAP
Donated All Classroom Supplies to Pacific Senior Living down Butterfield 3/25
In this Biology course we will be learning the characteristics of the life around us from a micro to a macro scale through investigation and experimentation. The main areas that will be covered in this class in order will be:
- Cell Biology- Fundamental life processes of plants and animals depend on a variety of chemical reactions that occur in specialized areas of the organism’s cell.
- Genetics- Mutation and sexual reproduction lead to genetic variation in a population. Multi-cellular organisms develop from a single zygote, and its phenotype depends on its genotype, which is established at fertilization. Genes are a set of instructions encoded in the DNA sequence of each organism that specify the sequence of amino acids in proteins characteristic of that organism. The genetic composition of cells can be altered by the incorporation of exogenous DNA into the cells.
- Evolution- The frequency of an allele in a gene pool of a population depends on many factors and may be stable or unstable over time. Evolution is a result of genetic changes that occur in constantly changing environments.
- Ecology- Stability in an ecosystem is a balance between competing effects.
- Physiology- As a result of the coordinated structures and functions of organ systems, the internal environment of the human body remains relatively stable (homeostatic) despite changes in the outside environment. Organisms have a variety of mechanisms to combat disease.