Welcome to Mrs. Vázquez-Alvarado's Distance Learning Classroom from now to April 3rd, check back on April 6th for updates on daily lessons.
*Student/Parent communication will be through email:
*Virtual office hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 11:00 am - 1:00 pm by email
*Assignments will be submitted through Google Classroom
*Grades and feedback will be available through Aeries.
**All schedules are fluid and subject to change**
Directions to Access Google Classroom through ClassLink (open a Chrome Browser)
1. Students can log into their ClassLink on the Chino Hills High School webpage www.chino.k12.ca.us/chinohills or click here
2. ClassLink can be located under the Students tab
3. The username for ClassLink is the same username students use to sign into computers and laptops on campus. For most*, this is the first letter of their first name and their complete last name. Example: jcowboy (for John Cowboy)
*For some students, there can be a number, but students with this type of username already know this to be the case.
4. The password for ClassLink is the same password students use to sign into the computers and laptops on campus. This will be an UPPERCASE first letter of their first name and a lowercase first letter of their last name, and the last five numbers of their student ID. Example: Jc54321 (for John Cowboy xxxx54321)
5. Google Classroom is located in ClassLink. Your Chino Valley USD email must be used to log into Google Classroom. This is the email that is your username and ends with @stu.chino.k12.ca.us (with your same password as above). Example: email@example.com
Please click below for the Spanish 2 Practice Workbook:
Directions to Access Google Classroom Directly (open a Chrome Browser)
1. You can access Google Classroom directly at www.classroom.google.com or click here
2. Your username is your student email ending in @stu.chino.k12.ca.us Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Your password is the same password you use to sign into the computers and laptops on campus. Example: Jc54321 (for John Cowboy xxxx54321)
Chino Hills High School
Instructor: MRS. VAZQUEZ-ALVARADO
Contact: (909) 606-7540 Email: Socorro_Vazquez-Alvarado@chino.k12.ca.us
- Summary Course Description and Learning Goals:
- This World Language course will place students on the path of a four-year program of language development where students fulfill A-G requirements in order to be eligible for college admittance and prepare them for Advanced Placement courses. Students will also learn career readiness skills through language acquisition.
- Students will use Spanish for interpersonal communication with each other and in the community in order to interact and negotiate meaning in spoken, written conversations to share information, reactions, feelings, and opinions.
- Students will differentiate between conversational and academic Spanish and use when appropriate.
- Students will gain interpretive communication skills for understanding, interpreting and analyzing what is heard, read or viewed on a variety of topics.
- Students will use Spanish for presentational communication where they will present information, concepts, and ideas to inform, explain, and narrate on a variety of topics using appropriate media and adapting to various audiences of listeners, readers, or viewers.
- II. Course Requirements: All World Languagecourses are 1 year Students may be dropped at the end of the first semester if he/she does not meet the requirements. Students must pass the previous level before advancing.
III. Classroom Rules and Behavior Expectations: The teacher expects students to adhere to the school’s code of conduct/academic integrity, dress code policy which can be found in the student handbook. Students are expected to behave in an orderly and respectful manner. Students who display academic dishonesty will earn a zero on the assignment. Foul language and willful disobedience will not be tolerated. Students are responsible to bring all classroom materials (Students must bring textbook to class every day).
Not adhering to the following rules may affect the student’s classroom participation grade or citizenship grade:
- Be in class on time and seated (before the bell rings)
- Bring necessary materials (this includes textbook everyday)
- Remain in assigned seat
- Raise hand to ask or answer questions
- Personal items. Such as sunglasses, make-up, cell phones or any electronic device are to remain turned off in student’s backpack or purse during class time. Unauthorized personal items will be collected and must be picked up by parent in the administration office.
- Gum chewing, writing on desks, passing of notes, grooming, food or drinks are prohibited.
- IV. Consequences: Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken if student breaks any classroom rules.
- Oral warning or conference with student
- Assignment of detention
- Parent contact or concern check
- Counselor referral
- Administrative referral
- V. Tardy/Truancy Policy & Consequences: Students will abide by the tardy/truancy policy implemented by the Chino Hills High School Administration and District Policy.
- VI. Grading Policy: All Make-Up Work must be completed within one day of absence. Missing assignments should be picked up before or after school. All Homework must be completed and ready to turn in at the beginning of the class period. Late or incomplete assignments will not be accepted if the student was present when the homework was assigned. If student is truant on day of test/quiz or oral presentation, grade will be an “F” or zero grade.
- 25% Quizzes
- 15% Home/class work (must be completed with a minimum of 80% accuracy)
- 35% Tests
- 10% Class participation
- 15% Final Exam
90% A to 100% A+
80% B to 89% B+
70% C to 79% C+
60% D. to 69%. D+
Please note: Students must demonstrate mastery of subject matter on Tests and Quizzes to pass the class. Completion of all homework assignments will not constitute a passing grade. Parental involvement plays an integral part in student success and supporting language learning at home. The text is available online for student use at phSchool.com. It is recommended that all students review the previous/day’s lesson a minimum of 10-15 minutes each night. Please feel free to contact me at any time. I will work with parents to ensure student success.
I have read and understand the course syllabus.
Student’s Name: ____________________________________ Period: _______
_________________________________________ Date: _________
_________________________________________ Date: _________
Due Date: ________________Returned Date_____________