General Attendance Information
At Chino Hills School we are committed to providing our students with a quality education. Each student should be in school every day in order to reach their full potential and attain their educational goals. In order to make expectations clear and work more effectively with our students and families, we have provided you with the following information regarding attendance policies:
NO students will be signed out between the hours of 3:00pm-3:22pm.
- Attendance office hours are 7:30am to 4:30pm on school days.
Email the attendance office:
- You have 5 days to clear an absence through the attendance office. Absences can be cleared using the following methods:
CHHS Husky Absence Report -SPANISH:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdgse41fclg16Vm86SqHURAN8GK0I7S2dCf3dIcNDJPUKAaAA/viewform?usp=sharingParent Square via text message, email or messaging on Parent Square app.Write a note and send it with your student. Notes should include the student’s full name, student ID number, grade level, the date(s) and reason for the absence, and it needs to be signed by a parent/legal guardian.Call the attendance line @ 909-606-7540 x5020.** Please be aware that you may experience delays when trying to contact us due to the high volume of calls and activity throughout the school day. Thank you for understanding! **
- If your student needs to leave campus during the school day, they must sign out/be signed out through the attendance office PRIOR to leaving campus. Students can only be signed out of school by a person listed on their emergency contact list and ID will need to be shown.
- An Off-Campus Pass below can also be filled out and signed, then given to us in order for the student to sign themselves out provided the correct information is filled in.
- Absences not verified within 5 days, or due to not following proper check-out procedures, unfortunately, cannot be cleared.
- Only 3 consecutive days can be excused depending on the reason. 4 or more consecutive days will require a DR note to be excused.
- You will receive truancy notifications or letters for your student(s) if 3 or more periods are marked as absent, late, unexcused/verified or out of town.
Any student leaving campus without being signed out or signing themselves out with an Off- Campus Pass from a parent/guardian is considered TRUANT. Discipline may be issued if proper procedures are not followed.