General Attendance Information
At Chino Hills School we are committed to providing our students with a quality education. Each student needs to be in school every day in order to reach their full potential and attain their educational goals. In order to make expectations clear and work more effectively with our students and families, we have provided you with the following information regarding attendance policies :
- Attendance office hours are 7:00am to 4:00pm daily.
Online through the Online Absence Reporting link on the left (must use primary email on file from Aeries Parent Portal.)Write a note and send it with your student. Notes should include student’s full name, student ID number, grade level, the date(s) of the absence, reason for absence, and it be signed by a parent.Call the 24-hour attendance line @ 909-606-7540 x5407.
- You have 5 days to clear an absence through the attendance office. Absences can be cleared using the following methods:
- If your student needs to leave campus during the school day they must sign out through the attendance office PRIOR to leaving campus. Students can only be signed out of school by a person listed on their emergency card. Anyone who checks a student out of school must show a valid ID.
- Absences not verified within 5 days or absences due to not following proper check-out procedures, regardless of the reason, cannot be cleared.
- Students with 3 full day unexcused absences, or 3 unexcused single period absences on separate dates are considered truant.
- You WILL receive truancy calls for your student if 3 or more absences are recorded as unverified/unexcused.
Any student leaving campus without being signed out or having written permission from a parent or guardian is considered TRUANT. Discipline may be issued if proper procedures are not followed.