Welcome to Ms. Gibo's Distance Learning Classroom
Email is the best way to contact me with questions or concerns. I am committed to responding to all student and parent emails within 24 hours on weekdays.
Instructions for Class meetings
Students and families, our Google Classroom will host our regular virtual meetings. To access the Meet Link to our class meetings, please follow these steps shortly before the meeting time:
- Log into ClassLink
- Tap on your Google Classroom app and make sure you are in your (child's) district Google account. The image on the screen should include the words “Google Classroom” and you should see your district email address when you hover over the circle in the upper right corner.
- Tap on the square with our classroom name: Health - Fall 2020
- In the first screen (the “Stream”) tap on the “Meet Link” in the top left of the colored rectangle.
- Tap "Join Now"
- Students will not be able to enter the meeting before the teacher, so students may have to wait a few minutes in the virtual "lobby"
- When I enter the meet, all students will be entered also, and will be automatically muted. Please remain on mute.
- When our meeting is over, students will need to hang up immediately.
Virtual Office Hours
These are hours which I will be available, live, on Google Meet, for questions regarding assignments, schedules, and other schoolwork concerns. Find the link for my Virtual Office hours in our Google Classroom.
We will be using Google Classroom to post and submit Electronic assignments. Each student will be joined to a Google Classroom automatically (or will receive an access code to enter the class that will be sent to your student email.) If you have any difficulties email me, ASAP.
Parents and Students, please check the Announcements page frequently for the most up to date information for all classes.