World Language – Course Expectations
Blended Learning French
Ms. Munoz 2020-21
Leigh Anne Muñoz
(909) 627 – 3584 x2130
Room B 130
To All Ayala Families
Greetings, Ayala Students and Parents!
In our Blended Learning and In-Person classroom, we adhere to learning strategies based on current brain research.
To see results takes patience and understanding how the human brain wires itself for language:
- Conversation/narrative is our most essential learning strategy.
- Conversation/narrative is our most significant catalyst for learning.
- Conversation/narrative precedes all other activities so that we integrate & consolidate new language.
- Conversation/narrative produces a natural flow of language and a comprehensible accent *over the course of time.*
Blended Learning / In-Person students participate in Class Conversations that call for listening, drawing and reading, with various responses, normally in the new language.
Culture All students grow in their knowledge of the new culture.
Dark-ink pen, one marble composition notebook & loose leaf paper
- Appreciate others.
- Try not to offend or harm.
- Honor individuals & relationships.
- Make a situation better rather than worse.
- Ask questions when there is confusion or a problem.
- When possible, do all of the above enthusiastically and creatively.
Info for Students, Parents & Guardians
Quizzes/Tests = 20%
Notebook Project = 40%
Participation = 40% [See rubric just below]
- Join in
- Pay attention when someone is communicating
- Use new language when it is fun
- Use new language when it is easy
- Use new language when it is cultural/social
- Use new language or non-verbal communication during Class Conversation & acquisition activities
1) My classes generally follow specific and general Ayala & CVUSD policies.
2) Students use good judgment to take care of personal needs that they cannot yet express in the new language.
The Four Skills for Lifelong World Language Learning
- Reading allows us to combine listening and speaking.
- Writing combines all four language skills.
- Listening is the first learning in our classroom.
- Speaking is natural for those familiar with the correct sounds.
1) I have read, understood and agree with Ms. Munoz's Course Expectations.
2) I understand that sustaining the 'Class Conversation' (listening and responding) is the primary objective of this class.
Student name: Student signature:
"I, the parent/guardian, have read and understood Ms. Munoz's Expectations. I recognize that the primary method of learning is that teacher engages the student, and vice versa. I understand 'Class Conversation' involves the new language or non-verbal communication, no English."
Parent/guardian name: Parent/guardian signature:
Contact information: Phone 1: Phone 2: