Welcome to Mrs. McKee and Mrs. VanBuskirk's Distance Learning Classroom for Math 2.
GOOGLE CLASSROOM - CLASS ACCESS
We will automatically enroll students to Google Classroom prior to the first day of school. To access Google Classroom, you will need to use your district username and password. All important information such as the class syllabus, virtual meeting links, assignments, and other resources will be shared on Google Classroom. Submission of work, assessment information, and grades/feedback will be communicated through Google Classroom and Aeries. It is the student's responsibility to check Google Classroom daily. Our live online meetings will take place on Microsoft Teams (see picture below for how to access our meeting links).
ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, SIGN INTO GOOGLE CLASSROOM, GO TO THE CLASSWORK TAB, AND CLICK ON THE LINK HIGHLIGHTED BELOW. PLEASE DO THIS A FEW MINUTES BEFORE CLASS STARTS.
AFTER CLICKING ON THE MEETING LINK, CLICK ON THE HIGHLIGHTED SECTION AS SHOWN IN THE EXAMPLE BELOW THEN CLICK "JOIN" TO ENTER THE LIVE MEETING.Contact InformationWe will be checking email regularly during business hours and will respond in a timely manner (within 24 hours during the work week).Randi_McKee@chino.k12.ca.usKristine_VanBuskirk@chino.k12.ca.usWe will also be using the Remind App/Website to communicate with students and parents. Please join the correct Remind for your class period:
Virtual Office HoursWe will be holding virtual office hours during which we will be available for questions regarding assignments, schedules, and other schoolwork concerns. Find the link to our Virtual Office Hours in our Google Classroom Classwork Page under the LINKS FOR OFFICE HOURS topic heading. Office hours will be held at the following times:
- Period 1 - remind.com/join/g8df8h (class code: g8df8h)
- Period 3 - remind.com/join/bdbb83 (class code: bdbb83)
- Period 4 - remind.com/join/ckaf76 (class code: ckaf76)
- Period 5 - remind.com/join/6bbfef (class code: 6bbfef)
- Period 6 - remind.com/join/63c3eg (class code: 63c3eg)
- Tuesdays/Thursdays 1:35 - 2:20 pm
- Wednesdays/Fridays 7:30 - 8:15 am
We will be available live at these times. You may also email us at anytime.
***If you are on my caseload, please email me if you need support with any of your classes. One on one virtual appointments can be arranged via email.***
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR VIRTUAL LEARNING
- Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
- To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
- School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment
- Students should participate with their camera on. For all students who demonstrate an unwillingness to be visible on camera, this will be addressed individually with the student/parent.
- Always mute your microphone upon logging in for a video meeting.
- Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
- Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
- Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
- To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
- Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
- Students should be aware of the expectation of the attendance task for the days they are not with the teachers for synchronous instruction.
If you would like to sign up for text/email alerts for the class (regarding homework, upcoming tests, extra credit, etc) please do the following:Period 1 Students and ParentsTo receive messages via text, text @g8df8h to 81010Or to receive messages via email, send a blank email to email@example.comPeriod 3 Students and ParentsTo receive messages via text, text @bdbb83 to 81010Or to receive messages via email, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.orgPeriod 4 Students and ParentsTo receive messages via text, text @ckaf76 to 81010Or to receive messages via email, send a blank email to email@example.comPeriod 5 Students and ParentsTo receive messages via text, text @6bbfef to 81010Or to receive messages via email, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.orgPeriod 6 Students and ParentsTo receive messages via text, text @63c3eg to 81010Or te receive messages via email, send a blank email to email@example.com