Welcome to Ms. Pezzolla's Distance Learning Classroom
During this time, please review the below information.
* Contact Information*
Hi Everyone! I am currently on maternity leave until further notice so if you have any questions please contact my co-teacher or my substitute their emails are below:
firstname.lastname@example.org *you may also view Mr. Schuster's class page*
They will respond within 24 hours
*** Virtual Office Hours***
These are the hours in which I will be available, live on google meets.
DISTANCE LEARNING NORMS/EXPECTATIONS
- Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
- To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
- School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment
- Generally, there should be an expectation that students participate with their camera on. Accommodations can be addressed through an IEP meeting with Students with Disabilities or through a meeting for students with a 504 who are unwilling to participate with the camera on. For all other students who demonstrate an unwillingness to be visible on camera should be addressed with the student/parent.
- Always mute your microphone upon logging in for a video meeting.
- Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
- Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
- Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
- To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
- Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
- Students should be aware of the expectation of the attendance task for the days they are not with the teachers for synchronous instruction.
BE RESPECTFUL, BE RESPONSIBLE, BE SAFE
VIRTUAL CLASS SESSIONS
Mute your microphone, unless it is your turn to share something with the entire class.
Log on before class is supposed to start so that you are on time
Be careful not to record class sessions, unless I give you permission.
Be professional when you check in with your teachers
Check in with all your teachers, even the ones you don’t see that day.
Do not post materials to internet or exchange assignments with each other
Submit your assignments during business hours.
Try to turn in all assignments on time. Don’t wait until the last minute to submit.
Assignment submitted without plagiarism.
Be professional with your written responses
Do not wait until the last minute to submit assessments
Do not share assessments with others