Welcome to Mr. Massoum’s Math1 Class:
I look forward to providing all of you with the opportunity to learn the required math standards in class and have fun at the same time.
We will copy and discuss a couple of notes a week and practice new skills through collaboration in small groups.
Therefore, I do my best to assign only classwork and little or no homework, if possible.
Classwork assignments are due at the end of each period and receive up to 100% credit. (must have my initial and meet all the expectations. see syllabus)
Unfinished (at least 70% complete) classwork may be finished as homework and receive up to 70% credit. (must have my initial and meet all the expectations)
Late work will be accepted up to 2 days late for up to 60% credit. (must meet all expectations)
No credit if an assignment is turned in more than 2 days late.
Tue and Thu Morning from 7:30-8:20
Please contact me during business hours and I will respond within 48 hours of receiving your email.
- Arrive in class and be at your assigned desk before the bell rings.
- Leave your phone in silent mode in your backpack.
- Come to class prepared and ready to work independently or in groups.
- Complete classwork through collaboration before the period ends.
- Don't copy another student's work and don't let others copy yours or receive no credit.
- Receive my initial as proof of work completion.
- Treat your peers and the teacher with respect and refrain from any appropriate language in class.
- Stay on task during the period and avoid distracting yourself and others.
- Keep your areas clean and throw away your trash.
- Remain at your assigned desk until the bell rings or when you are dismissed.
- 8.5 X 11 Notebook (spiral or lined-Notebook)
- Black / Blue Pens, pencils
- Graph Papers
- Scientific Calculator for selected chapters
Classwork and notes will be checked, graded, and uploaded to Aeries regularly. (weekly or biweekly).
Assessments will be uploaded when all are graded
*All assignments must be submitted in class and on time.*
To access the syllabus, click the file link below: