Mr. Carter's Physics Phun
Welcome to Mr. Carter's
Distance Learning Classroom
through the rest of the semester, check on
I will respond within 24 hours ON WEEKDAYS.
Other means of communication: Remind (see codes below)
Note: I will not be available via email or remind from Friday @ 5pm until Monday @ 9am each weekend.
Virtual office hours via Zoom
AP1: Tuesday, 10am - 11am
AP2: Tuesday 11am-12pm
CP: Tuesday 1pm-2pm
additional time for any course: Tuesday 2pm-3pm or by appointment
Note: links to the meeting will be posted in google classroom, right before each one.
all classes' remind feed
All assignments for the week
are now due on Tuesday nights
by midnight (of course, you can turn them in earlier in the week). This way, you should have pertinent questions for office hours.
Distance Learning Expectations:
You are expected to:
1) Participate. Attendance will be taken weekly based off of completed assignments.
2) Turn in all work assigned.
3) Maintain proper behavior during on-line class sessions.
4) Dress properly during on-line class sessions.
5) Take on-line learning seriously.
6) Contact Mr. Carter through Remind when necessary.
- period 1, AP Physics 1: 20phun1
- period 2, AP Physics 1: 20phun2
- period 3, AP Physics 1: 20phun3
- period 4, Physics of the Universe: 20phun4
- period 5, Physics of the Universe: 20phun5
- period 6, AP Physics 2: 2muchphun
You can join a class by texting the above code (with an @ first) to 81010.
Phun Day 2020 Canceled
Hi. I'm Mr. Carter.I graduated Don Lugo two years before Ayala was built. In high school, I was in the running for the biggest nerd on campus, having been an officer for and written the constitutions for the Clock Club, the Juggling Club (pun intended), and the Role Playing Games Club. I'm proud to say that with my transition to college I also graduated from nerd to geek, being an active member and officer in Chico State's award winning chapter of The Society of Physics Students. I have a BS in Physical Science with an emphasis in Astronomy and minors in Physics and Mathematics. This is my 22nd year teaching at Ayala. While I have also taught chemistry, earth science, and various math courses, my one true academic love is physics. I hope you're ready to learn the meaning of having phun!My preferred method of contact is email: firstname.lastname@example.org