Welcome to Ms. Rosa's Distance Learning Classroom
From now until May 1st, check back for daily lessons.
Contact Information: (I will respond within 48 hours, though most responses will be within three hours)
- Remind: send @rosa1920 to 81010
- E-mail: Karen_Rosa@chino.k12.ca.us
Virtual Office Hours: Monday through Friday between 8 AM - 2 PM
Distance Learning Syllabus and Expectations:
- Students will submit work as assigned - due dates will be listed on this website and via Remind
- Assessments will be conducted through Turnitin, Google Classroom, and / or other formats that will be detailed as they become available
- Grades will be updated in Aeries
Distance Learning Questions and Solutions
03/19/20 - I will keep this section updated to respond to student questions
* When will we return?
- currently scheduled for May 4, 2020
* Class - to begin March 30th
- there will be no class (home) work until after "Spring Break"
* Assignments (will be posted on the Assignments page with due dates)
- THE PLAN: work will be posted in advance w/ range of dates to turn in
- - as of March 30th, you should check the Assignments page daily
- NOTES: I will post some short videos that help to explain notes
- TURNING IN WORK (see Technology response)
* Technology (ugghhh)
- I am looking for the best way to submit work and take quizzes/tests
* I will update you as we go
- class codes are listed on Class Codes & Contact Info page (page menu)
- currently no plans to use Zoom or other new technology
- I miss you too! Stay safe and be smart!
- Students can request to follow my class Instagram: magnahistory
- Andrew... I'll look into getting that pager for you.
In order to have a more successful academic year, it is important to come to class on time, to be prepared with the necessary supplies, and to complete all of your assignments. With that in mind, I am posting a list of supplies that students will need for my World History class. If for any reason a student has difficulties getting these supplies in a timely manner, the student or their parent should contact me via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can work out a solution together.
Students will need the following school supplies for this class:
- three subject notebook (to be brought to class each day)
- post-its (3" x 3")
- high-lighters (3 different colors recommended)
- dry erase markers (2 different colors recommended)
- 3 1/2" x 5" index cards
- pens and/or pencils
Also, be sure to sign up for Remind for class notifications (see "Contact" in the menu to the left).