Welcome to Ms. Kim’s Distance Learning Classroom
I am committed to responding to all student and parent emails within 24 hours on weekdays.
Virtual Office Hours
These are hours which I will be available, live, on Google Meet, for questions regarding assignment schedules, and other schoolwork concerns. Find the link for my Virtual Office hours in our Google Classroom, Classwork page under the "Office Hours" heading.
Tuesday and Thursday at 1:35-2:20 pm, Math 2H
Wednesday and Friday at 7:30-8:15 am, Math 2H
We will be using Google Classroom to locate syllabus, submit assignments, access virtual meeting links, and other resources. Google Classroom and Aeries will be used to provide feedback and grades.
Distance Learning Expectations/ Norms
• Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
• To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
• School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
• Generally, there should be an expectation that students participate with their camera on. Accommodations can be addressed through an IEP meeting with Students with Disabilities or through a meeting for students with a 504 who are unwilling to participate with the camera on. For all other students who demonstrate an unwillingness to be visible on camera should be addressed with the student/parent.
• Always mute your microphone when logging in for a virtual meeting.
• Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
• The chat box will only be utilized for segments of the virtual live session, as directed by the instructor.
• Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
• Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
• To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
• Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
• Students should be aware of the expectation of the attendance task for the days they are not with the teachers for synchronous instruction.
Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe
VIRTUAL CLASS SESSIONS
-Mute your microphone when entering.
-Don’t share any inappropriate languages, images or comments
Log in to be on time for virtual meeting
Do not record any lessons without my permission
Be professional when check in with your teachers
Check in for classes you don’t have on your schedule
Don’t share the link with others
-Follow all directions and formats
-Try to turn in assignments on time.
-Submit your own work.
Don’t share your work with others
-Write legibly and show work.
-Do your own work
-Submit it on time
Don’t share your work with others