Welcome to Sra. Alves' Distance Learning Classroom for the 2020-2021 School Year
We are now in WEEK 15!
We are in the LAST stretch of Semester 1. Check Google Classroom daily for class updates and assignments.
Please turn in assignments as early as possible before the due date to get the most points and best grade. Also, if you work on turning in early and you end up having tech issues, you can resolve them before the assignment is due.
- We complete most of the assignments during our live class sessions.
- Tutoring is always offered to students during office hours. Every Google Slides lesson presentation starts off with "Anuncios" stating tutoring help offered and office hours. Email me for help with Spanish or any other questions. I want you to succeed!
Students are reminded about assignments and late work policy every class during announcements "anuncios" and in Daily Activities Google Slides presentations that are posted daily by date in Spanish.
- Always check Google Classroom under the "Classwork" tab for Daily Activities (PowerPoints) lessons if you are absent or you miss any part of class. Read EACH SLIDE carefully and do the activities. If you need any further clarification, please email me asap.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO MAKE SURE TO LOGIN TO GOOGLE MEET IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM A FEW MINUTES PRIOR TO THE DESIGNATED CLASS START TIME ON YOUR DISTANCE LEARNING SCHEDULE. THAT WAY WE CAN GET STARTED WITH LEARNING RIGHT AT THE START TIME OF CLASS.
FOR BEST FUNCTION OF AUDIO/VIDEO USE THE GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER AND LOGIN THROUGH "CLASSLINK" UNDER THE STUDENTS TAB ON THE SCHOOL WEBSITE. CLICK ON THE GOOGLE CLASSROOM APP THERE.
- ESTUDIANTES: IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE LOGGING INTO OUR MEETING AT THE START OF CLASS OR IF YOU HAVE ANY TECHNICAL ISSUES THAT PREVENT YOU FROM STAYING IN THE SESSION FOR THE FULL 80 MINUTES, SEND ME AN EMAIL ASAP SO THAT I DON'T MARK YOU ABSENT AND IF I HAVE TO MARK YOU LATE I CAN DOCUMENT YOUR ISSUE. WE ARE REQUIRED TO DOCUMENT HOW MANY MINUTES EACH STUDENT WAS ENGAGED IN CLASS PER THE STATE REQUIREMENTS.
- PARENTS: PLEASE FOLLOW REGULAR SCHOOL ATTENDANCE PROCEDURES IF YOUR STUDENT MUST BE ABSENT FROM CLASS OR DISMISSED EARLY. CONTACT THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE AND EXCUSE YOUR STUDENT'S ABSENCE. STUDENTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING GOOGLE CLASSROOM BY END OF DAY TO REVIEW WHAT THEY MISSED AND CONTACT ME FOR ANY QUESTIONS VIA EMAIL OR DURING OFFICE HOURS.
We will be using Google Classroom for assignments, communication, and our virtual meetings.
If this is your first time using Google Classroom, please go to the "Students" Tab at the top of our Ayala webpage and click the drop-down menu. Click on "Google Classroom" link. You will need to login with your SCHOOL EMAIL to access the class. Click on our Spanish 2 class.
¡Gracias for your participation and enthusiam so far! I want to reassure you that I'm here to support you to grow in your knowledge of the Spanish language and culture and to help you get through this new way of learning.
- ESTUDIANTES: It is VERY IMPORTANT that you make sure to have your Google Classroom notifications on in settings or to be self-discliplined and check the Google Stream daily for important information related to assignments, announcements, comments, etc...
Email (preferred): email@example.com
I will respond to emails within 24 hours, Monday - Friday.
Students need to use their SCHOOL EMAIL for ALL communication and login purposes.
Google Classroom (Students access using their SCHOOL EMAIL and password)
Remind code (Spanish 2): @sp2alves
Virtual office hours
These are the hours that I'm available to students, either live on Google Meet, via email, or by phone at ext. 2137 for questions regarding assignments or any other assistance needed regarding class.
Tuesday & Thursday 7:30 - 8:15 a.m.
Wednesday & Friday 1:35 - 2:20 p.m.
***Find the Google Meet link for my Virtual Office Hours on our Google Classroom banner or under the "Classwork" tab by clicking the "Meet" camera icon.
We will be using Google Classroom to post and submit Electronic assignments. Students must login to Google Classroom with their SCHOOL EMAIL. Students can access Google Classroom by going under the "Students" tab on the Ayala website and then selecting their class. If you have any difficulties, email me ASAP.
Parents and Students, please check this page frequently for the most up-to-date information for all classes.