General Attendance InformationAt Ayala High School we are committed to providing our students with a quality education. Each student needs to be in school every day in order to reach their full potential and attain their educational goals. In order to make expectations clear and work more effectively with our students and families, we have provided you with the following information regarding attendance polices:
- Attendance office hours are 7:30am to 4:30pm daily.
- You have 5 days to clear an absence through the attendance office. Absences can be cleared using the following methods:
- Online though the Online Absence Reporting tab (Preferred method as it is usually most convenient for families).
- Write a note and send it with your student. Notes should include student’s full name, student ID number, grade level, the date(s) of the absence, reason for absence, and it be signed by a parent.
- Call the attendance office @ 909-627-3584 X2050 or 2051. Please be aware when calling in, you may experience delays when calling right before school or at lunchtime due to a high volume of activity during those times.
- No students will be signed out between 3:00pm–3:22 pm on a regular school day.
Early Check Out Procedures
- If your student needs to leave campus during the school day, they must be signed out through the attendance office by a person listed on their emergency card PRIOR to leaving campus.
- Students can only be signed out of school .
- Anyone who checks a student out of school must show a valid ID.
- The Online Absence Report or parent notes are not to be used for students leaving early. Students need to be physically checked out for the day.
- The person listed on the emergency card must come to the attendance office to check student out for the day.
- Absences not verified within 5 days or absences due to not following proper check-out procedures, regardless of the reason, cannot be cleared.
- Students with 3 full day unexcused absences, or 3 unexcused single period absences on separate dates are considered truant.
- You WILL receive truancy calls for your student if 3 or more absences are recorded as unverified/unexcused.
- Saturday School will be assigned to ALL students with unexcused full day absences. Please see the Saturday School tab for more information.