To the Class of 2021
Welcome to Mr. Rodriguez's [ Box ] of Learning & Growing
For classroom access please click on the link ( to the upper left of this screen ) to your specific period.Ruben S. Ayala High SchoolEnglish 12CPMr. RodB127CONTACT INFO:email@example.com(909) 627-3584OFFICE HOURS:via Google MeetRod's Weekly Schedule/Office Hoursplease see calendars for April & MayCLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS, COURSE OUTLINEbe RESPECTFUL. be RESPONSIBLE. be SAFE:)
English 12CP 2020-2021 Expectations
- Please hand in your work on time (via Google Classroom)
- Late work will be accepted for excused absences and reasonable excuses (i.e., emergencies).
- Please do your own work on individual assignments. You work is an artifact of what you have learned as well as an example of your skills.
- No cheating. No copying. No plagiarizing.
- Please participate.
- Please make sure your work is presentable.
- Be curious. Ask questions. Do no be afraid to share.
- Please be as positive as possible. Always be respectful.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help.
- Be helpful
My Perspective: British and World Literature
- Unit One – Forging a Hero
- Unit Two – Reflecting on Society
- Unit Three – Facing the Future, Confronting the Past
- Unit Four – Seeing Things New
- Unit Five – Discovering the Self
- Unit Six – Finding a Home
- Writing 40%, Reading 30%, Assessment 20%, and Practice 10%
Kinds of Assignments:
- Research, research-based assignments, close reads, book reports, writing assignments in response to fiction and non-fiction materials, individual and group projects, journals/creative writing, essays, videos, etc.
- Please respect self and others
- Please be on task and try at all times
- Please be ready to learn
- Be kind to others
- Be neat
- Ask questions, be open-minded
- Critical thinking is not about being perfect but rather working on your thought process
- I will work with you: I will do my best to understand you
- Your brain is a gateway:)
Read to gather information. Write in order to process the information that you gather. Cool? Cool.