2023-2024 School Year
Instructor: Mr. Michael J. Rodriguez
response time: 48 hours
To the Class of 2024
Welcome to Mr. Rodriguez's [ Box ] of Learning & Growing, all in the name of becoming...
For classroom access, please click on the link ( to the upper left of this screen ) to your specific period.
Course: English 12CP
Main Objectives: Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, Thinking, Presenting
Folder, pen, pencil, paper, open mind :)
My Perspectives (12CP textbook): British And World Literature
Other supplies may be necessary, depending on classroom/group/individual activities
Laptop computer (school or personal)
Reading material (book?)OFFICE HOURS:by appointment, B127Rod's Weekly Schedule/Office HoursIf, at any point, you need to meet with me, please let me know and we will schedule a time.CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS, COURSE OUTLINEbe RESPECTFUL. be RESPONSIBLE. be SAFE:)
English 12CP 2023-2024 Expectations
- Please hand in your work on time (via Google Classroom)
- Late work will be accepted for excused absences and reasonable excuses (i.e., emergencies).
- Please do your own work on individual assignments. Your work is an artifact of what you have learned as well as an example of your skills.
- No cheating. No copying. No plagiarizing.
- first incident--you will receive a 0 (zero)
- second incident--you will be sent to the AP office
- Please participate.
- Please make sure your work is presentable.
- Be curious. Ask questions. Do not be afraid to share.
- Please be as positive as possible. Always be respectful.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help.
- Be helpful
The brain wants to create, and it wants to solve problems:)
My Perspective: British and World Literature
- Unit One – Forging a Hero
- Unit Two – Reflecting on Society
- Unit Three – Facing the Future, Confronting the Past
- Unit Four – Seeing Things New
- Unit Five – Discovering the Self
- Unit Six – Finding a Home
- Writing 40%, Reading 30%, Assessment 20%, and Practice 10%
- 90-100 A
- 80-89 B
- 70-79 C
- 60-69 D
- 00-59 F
- Grades will be updated at least once a week.
Kinds of Assignments:
- Research, research-based assignments, close reads, book reports, writing assignments in response to fiction and non-fiction materials, individual and group projects, journals/creative writing, essays, videos, etc.
- Please respect self and others
- Please be on task and try at all times
- Please be ready to learn
- Be kind to others
- Be neat
- Ask questions, be open-minded
- Critical thinking is not about being perfect but rather working on your thought process
- I will work with you: I will do my best to understand you
- Your brain is a gateway:)
Read to gather information. Write in order to process the information that you gather. Cool? Cool.