Welcome to Mr. Gracia's Distance Learning Classroom
I am committed to responding to all student and parent emails within 24 hours on weekdays.
Virtual Office Hours (updated)
These are hours which I will be available to answer emails and/or questions posted on the Google Classroom page. There will be days when I can asnwer questions live, on Google Meet, for questions regarding assignments, schedules, and other school work concerns. Find the link for my Virtual Office hours in our Google Classroom, Classwork page, under the "Communications" heading.
Google Classroom Links:
Per. 1 Athletic PE: Football
Per. 2 AP Economics
Per. 3 AP Economics
Per. 4 AP Economics
Per. 5 CP Economics
Instructional Plans/Routines for the Week
Each class period will begin on Google Meet. The link to these meetings are on the Google Classroom. All further instruction will be given in the Google Meet.
All Unit Outlines will be posted in our Google Classroom under the Classwork page. These outlines will have all topics, assignments, readings, and quiz/tests designated for each day of the week. All assignments, projects, quizzes/tests will be due on the day posted in the Unit Outline.
Distant Learning Classroom Norms
- Attendance will be taken every day. (In class days and none class days)
- District, school, and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
- BEHAVIOR: It is my belief that as high school students, you all have the ability to exercise enough self-control to behave in an appropriate manner in my classroom. Therefore, I have based my class expectations on the 3 R’s.
- RESPECT: Be respectful of all persons and property. This means you are expected to listen when the teacher or another student is talking, you need to be respectful of the ideas and opinions of the other people in the classroom, and you need to take care of the property in the classroom.
- RESPONSIBILITY: take responsibility for your actions and their consequences. This includes taking responsibility for your attendance. It is expected that you will be in class on time each day ready to learn. If you are going to be absent for an activity, it is your responsibility to let the teacher know and to get the work you will be missing.
- RIGHTS: Respect the rights of others as your rights will also be respected.
- If disruptive behavior occurs, school policy will be followed.
- Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
- Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
- Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
- Full Syllabus is posted in the Google Classroom under the Classwork Page.
- Syllabus will have a full explanation of course description, expectations, rules, grading policy, and late/makeup work procedures.
- We will be using Google Classroom to post and submit Electronic assignments/projects/assessments.
- Grades will be updated at the end of each Unit of study on Aeries. There will be a total of 5 Units for both AP Economics and CP Economics.
- Cheating will not be tolerated and all district/school policies will be followed if caught or suspected.