General Attendance InformationAt Ayala High School we are committed to providing our students with a quality education. Each student needs to be in school every day in order to reach their full potential and attain their educational goals. In order to make expectations clear and work more effectively with our students and families we have provided you with the following information regarding attendance polices:
- Attendance office hours are 6:30am to 4:00pm daily
Online though the Online Absence Reporting tab (Preferred method as it is usually most convenient for families).Write a note and send it with your student. Notes should include student’s full name, student ID number, grade level, the date(s) of the absence, reason for absence, and it be signed by a parent.Call the attendance office @ 909-627-3584 X2810. Please be aware when calling in you may experience delays when calling right before school or at lunch time due to a high volume of activity during these times.
- You have 5 days to clear an absence through the attendance office. Absences can be cleared using the following methods:
- No students will be signed out between 2:00–2:17 pm on a regular school day.
- If your student needs to leave campus during the school day they must sign out through the attendance office PRIOR to leaving campus. Students can only be signed out of school by a person listed on their emergency card. Anyone who checks a student out of school must show a valid ID.
- Absences not verified within 5 days or absences due not following proper check-out procedures, regardless of the reason, cannot be cleared.
- Students with 3 full day unexcused absences, or 3 unexcused single period absences on separate dates are considered truant.
- You WILL receive truancy calls for your student if 3 or more absences are recorded as unverified/unexcused.
- Saturday School will be assigned to ALL students with unexcused full day absences. Please see the Saturday School tab for more information.