Welcome to Mrs. Ojinaga's Classroom!
2022-23 School Year
It is the student's responsibility to check my Google Classroom Page for daily/weekly updates/announcements/documents.
- Welcome to Mrs. Ojinaga's Physical Education Class page. Each student will be expected to visit this page and read the information regarding all areas ( attendance, class behavior, Activity Curriculum, mile run point totals, District and State P.E. standards. Student signature, parent's signature, and return the last page of the class expectation document in person (no digital copies will be accepted). Students are also responsible for signing and returning the swim unit guideline paper by August 16, 2022. NEW STUDENTS to P.E. You must do this in order to receive daily points. If new to P.E. second semester, you will be required to turn in this document.
- Here on Mrs. Ojinaga's classroom website, there are various groups that will need to visit this page, so make sure to select the proper class period, team, or subject area when accessing the page for information.
- We will begin to dress out in P.E.clothes on August 15, 2023. We will begin swimming assessments on Tuesday, August 16, and Wednesday, August 17, 2022. After dressing first in P.E. clothes (entering into the locker room on the north side of the building), you will exit out the same door onto the outdoor basketball blacktop, south of the new Science building. All P.E. classes will meet on the blacktop/outdoor basketball court and be assigned a roll call number. All students are encouraged to use the restrooms located in front of the boys' and girls' locker rooms BEFORE class begins.
- There will only be 3 make-up swimming days and approximately only 10-12 actual swimming days for the unit. If a student misses more than 3 days of swimming, he/she will be required to complete the 14 page swim report in order to pass the State Mandated swim unit. This report will be due at the end of the swimming unit, approximately Sept.16th, 2022, whichever comes first. The swim report will be posted in Google Classroom.
- I am committed to responding to all student and parent emails within 48 hours on weekdays. This is the best way to contact any of the P.E. teachers.
- Contact information
- Email: email@example.com
- 2022-23 P.E. 9 Syallabus
- Mondays will be when new assignments/activities/prompts will be given. Weekly schedule: Monday/Mile run 30 points possible, Tuesday/Unit activity 5 points, Wednesday/ Fitness Day 15 points possible, Thursday/Unit activity 5 points, and Friday/Unit activity 5 points. Try not to be absent on Mondays or Wednesday, as each day is worth more points. When absent, complete the P.E. make-up form. You have 3 days to turn in the make-up report after the absence has occurred. Absence must be cleared through the attendance office as excused in order to be made up.
- Grading Information
- All grades will continue to be communicated through Aeries. Make sure you have access to Aries, so you can check your current grade. I try to update grades every Tuesday and Friday.
- Grades will be determined by any of the following assignments; class participation, signed documents for class expectation and swim unit guidelines, make-up reports and any unit quizzes and tests.
- Full credit on Summary reports (P.E.make-up reports) must be written in your own words (no plagiarism), and completely filled out (150 words or more) on the Google doc that can be printed from within the class expectation document.
- Class Access Information
- Each student has received an access code in class to join Google Classroom and a REMIND classroom page. Make sure to only use your Ayala student email ending in @stu.chino.k12.ca.us
- If you have difficulties, email me A.S.A.P.
- Parents and students- Please check my Google stream page for the most up-to-date information for all classes.
Degrees and Certifications: