Distance Teaching and Learning Classroom Expectations
The following statements regard only situations where distance learning is employed. At this time, (August 2021), we have resumed traditional classroom learning and current classroom expectations can be found in the course syllabi.
· Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
· To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
· School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
· It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on District devices. [Click here to Review the CVUSD Responsible Use Policy.]
· Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
· Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
·Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
·To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
·Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
- Students should be on time for their virtual meetings and be prepared to work at the beginning of their class period and stay for the duration of the period. Students must be visible and live at all times.
- Class meeting codes can be found on their Google Classroom page.
- Students are to e-mail the teacher during school hours on the day they missed class for missed work and other information.
For more detailed information, please see the syllabus provided on each individual class page, i.e. Public Speaking, English 9 Honors, etc.
- All assignments will be posted on Google Classroom.
- Students will be accessing applications such as Turnitin.com, Gale, and Office 365 from Class Link. The teacher will explain which should be used in class as the school year progresses.
Assessments will be assigned at teacher discretion during and at the end of each unit of study. These assessments will be announced one to two weeks prior to being given.
Students will receive feedback in the form of comments in Google Classroom, email, and class discussion. These comments will be reflected in their grades recorded in Aeries in a timely manner.
Assignments completed in Pearson and/or ConnectEd may have instantaneous feedback. All other work submitted will have feedback provided by the teacher included in comments made in Google Classroom assignments.
Students and parents can regularly check Aeries for updated grades. For larger assignments such as essays and projects, please allow for extra time.