· Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
· To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
· School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
· It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on District devices. [Click here to Review the CVUSD Responsible Use Policy.]
· Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
· Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
· Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
· To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
· Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
Consult your class schedule for the times of your classes. You should be logged on 5 minutes before the start of class to avoid any technical issues making you late. Once logged on, you may keep your camera off untill class begins.
During instruction/discussion time, you must keep your camera to facilitate better discussion and to ensure you are focused.
When working independently at the end of class, you may turn off your camera but must remain logged into the google meet until the scheduled end of class.
If you miss a meeting, it is your responsibility to check to google classroom for any missed work. If you need additional clarification, email or attend the next office hours session. Please don't hijack class time to catch up.
Class assignments will be posted to the google classroom under the assignments page.
Daily assignments are often checked in and discussed in class and may not always recieve individual written feedback.
Assignments must be completed and submitted digitally through google classroom in order to recieve credit.
Daily assignments drive our classwork and as such will not be accepted late when they are no longer useful.
Assessments will be assigned less frequently then normal assignments and will be weighed more heavily in the grade book.
Assessments consist of group and individual projects, presentations, and essays (AP also includes multiple choice tests).
Assessments are graded and include feedback which means they often take a while to return.
Feedback is provided most often through sharing out work, discussing with peers, and during group debriefs in class.
Some assignments will recieve written feedback or rubric feedback.
All assessments will be graded and returned with feedback. Again, this is happens less frequently and takes more time.
Individual assignment grades will be attached to the assignment in Google Classroom when an assignment is graded.
The official grade in the class will be posted to aeries though I cannot keep this up to date on a daily basis. I generally try to update after major assessments or every 2-3 weeks.
If you ever have concerns about your (or your student's) progress in the class, please feel free to reach out.
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student ClassLink page)
Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
Access to district technology from home: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us
Email teacher for access to teacher-specific applications