- RENAISSANCE…STAND UP FOR EXCELLENCE
- As the name indicates, the goal of the Renaissance program is a renaissance within our school - a virtual rebirth of our educational focus. Renaissance will help us focus the same amount of attention upon our academic accomplishments as we do upon our athletic accomplishments. Renaissance not only recognizes students for their academic success, but it also recognizes teachers and staff for all of their hard work.
- Benefits of the program provide tangible incentives and rewards for improved scholarship as well as maintaining academic excellence. Students receive a Renaissance card that provides them with discounts at local businesses as well as many on-campus incentives. We encourage students to reap the benefits by applying for the Renaissance Cards in the Activities Office each semester.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A RENAISSANCE CARD (based on the previous semester)
- GOLD CARD: Students who have a GPA of 4.0, with no U’s (Students earn 5 Renaissance points per semester)
- SILVER CARD: Student’s who have a GPA of 3.0 - 3.99, with no F’s or U’s (Students earn 4 Renaissance points per semester)
- BLUE CARD: Students who have a GPA of 2.0 - 2.99, with no F’s or U’s (Students earn 3 Renaissance points per semester)
- ACADEMIC LETTER Can be earned by students who accumulate 20 Renaissance points.
- VARSITY LETTER Can be earned by a student who completes the requirements defined by each discipline (i.e. English, Math, etc.). See each department for more information
- SCHOLAR ATHLETES Athletes who maintain a 3.5 or higher GPA during the season of their varsity sport can earn a Scholar Athlete patch.
- ACTIVITIES SCHOLAR A student who maintains a 3.5 or higher GPA during the season of their varsity activity can earn an Activities Scholar patch (Example: Spiritleaders, ASB, Band, Drum Line, Color Guard, etc.).
- 4.0 PATCH Can be earned if the student earns a 4.0 during the season of his/her sport or activity.
- “5” PATCH Can be earned by a student who gets a 5 on an Advanced Placement Test
- SAT PATCH Can be earned by a student who scores 1100 or higher on their SAT’s
- RECOGNITION BY INDIVIDUAL CLASSROOM TEACHERS
PRINCIPAL’S HONOR ROLLPrincipal’s Honor Roll Awards are given all students who maintain a 3.5 or higher throughout their high school career. These awards are presented at the All School Awards Night in June.
ALL SCHOOL AWARDS NIGHTAll School Awards Night is scheduled for June of every year. Awards are given to all levels of students for academic achievement. Students who will be recipients are given a special invitation to the awards ceremony, but all students are invited to attend.