Classroom Expectations and Conduct for Success:
1. Be Prepared. Each student is responsible for bringing their chromebook fully charged everyday.
2. Class Participation: You should not talk when the teacher or another student has the podium. Positive contributions to our class are greatly accepted and appreciated.
3. Be Courteous to one another.
4. Cheating is never acceptable; a zero grade will be issued as well as a phone call home to your Parent/guardian if you are caught cheating: this is on assignments and tests/quizzes- plagiarism included.
Tests, Quizzes and Daily Work:
If you are absent it is your responsibility to ask for missing assignments. You must ALWAYS have your name, the current date and period number on the top right-hand side of your assignments. Late assignments will be accepted up to 1 week late and 50% credit will be deducted unless you show proof of an excused absence or have spoken to me directly prior to the due date.
Focus/Standards: Health Education Content Standards of California
40% Classwork, Homework (based on accuracy and completion)
60% Quizzes/Test, Class projects
Grading: A=100-90% B= 89-80% C= 79-70% D=69-60% F= 59% and below
Attendance/Tardy Policy: CVUSD Policy Will Be Followed
***Please use your district provided email for all communication with your teacher***
General Expectations and Class Norms
- Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
- To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
- School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
- It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/ Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on District devices. [Click here to Review the CVUSD Responsible Use Policy.]
- Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
- Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
- Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
- To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
- Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
- Students should log in 5 minutes prior to the start of class meetings to ensure that we will begin ontime.
- Students are required to show their faces on video during virtual classtime.
- Students must keep themselves on "mute" until called upon to answer a question or contribute to a class discussion.
- Class meetings will be 80 minutes in length on Tuesdays-Fridays (and 35 minutes on Mondays).
- If a student is absent from a meeting (class), they must make up the notes and assignments by checking Google Classroom for due dates and email me to request an extension, if necessary.
Assignments will be turned in on Google Classroom, and teacher comments will be posted on Google Classroom as well. Note: Grades will not necessarily be accurate in Google Classroom, but they will be accurate in Aeries.
Please check the Aeries student/parent portal for up-to-date grades. Grades will be updated at least once per week.
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student ClassLink page)
Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
Access to district technology from home: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us