What skills will you acquire for the 21st Century Japanese Learner? (UC/CSU Approved Course)As the ONLY Japanese program in the District, the Adventure you are about to embark upon is endless, Life-Long and full of different paths to take in YOUR FUTURE!As an uncommon language at the high school level, you have now made your high school career UNIQUE! With the goal of INDIVIDUAL STUDENT SUCCESS, my mission is to give you the highest quality of education in the classroom as possible.
What will skills will you learn? What will you be able to do? How will it benefit you?1. Mastery in all areas of READING, WRITING, SPEAKING and LISTENING in JAPANESE!! (Katakana/Hiragana/Kanji)
A combination of various strategies, including immersion, technology, games and role-playing will be used to obtain these goals.
2. In all aspects of Business, Sciences, Health, The Arts, Digital Media, Sports, Education, Politics and Community, JAPAN IS NEED OF GREAT TALENT!ACQUIRE THE GLOBAL SKILLS NEEDED TO BE READY FOR THE 21st CENTURY!!!
3. Acquiring the Skills needed in the 21st Century in addition to learning a unique and useful language:
A. Mastery of all Microsoft Office Programs
B. Utilization of Digital Media and Presentational Tools
C. Public Speaking Skills needed in all aspects of LIFE!!
4. Have one teacher for ALL FOUR YEARS of High School!
I know each and every student's academic strengths and areas of need, this will benefit all students with various learning styles.5. Taking on Japanese at the High School level will broaden your horizons and allow for Multi-Cultural understanding, connections and integration into your own career paths.
As part of an effort to make all students Global Citizens, it is imperative that ALL students take on a WORLD VIEW as part of the learning process.6. THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO JAPAN!!!
Students will have the opportunity to connect their classroom studies and passion for the Japanese Language and Culture by visiting Japan! This will be reserved for students who are in Japanese 3 Honors and AP Japanese.7. TO STUDY ABROAD IN JAPAN!!
Through various established Educational Study Abroad Programs, students will have the opportunity to live with a Host Family in Japan!
8. TAKE THE Japanese Language Proficiency Test and/or SAT II SUBJECT TEST WITH LISTENING and/or THE AP JAPANESE EXAM and GET COLLEGE CREDIT!!
9. FIELD TRIPS! Cultural Events, Little Tokyo, Japanese Gardens, etc!
Ongoing, local trips throughout the year!
10. MOVIES/JAPANESE DRAMAS/DOCUMENTARIES/MUSIC/ANIMATION AND FOOD!!All of these wonderful opportunities await you here in the Japanese Program at Chino Hills High!