UPDATE TO THE CVUSD COMMUNITY REGARDING
SCHOOL CLOSURES DUE TO NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
AUGUST 4, 2020
Dear CVUSD Parents and Guardians:
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. CVUSD schools on traditional schedule will start on August 10, 2020. As you are aware, whether your child is in the Blended Learning program or the Distance Learning program, all students will begin the school year on a Distance Learning model (virtual), per new mandates provided by California Governor Gavin Newsom in mid-July. To assist you with the beginning of the school year logistics, please note the following:
- Beginning today, your family’s selected learning program for your student(s) can be viewed on the AERIES Parent Portal. For more information on how you can view your selected learning program please visit https://www.chino.k12.ca.us/Page/38235. As a reminder, if you did not select a learning program on the July survey, your student(s) has been enrolled in the Blended Learning program.
- Elementary School Students: On Friday, August 7 at 12:00 p.m., parents can view their student’s assigned teacher in the Aeries Parent Portal.
- Junior High and High School Students: Student schedules will be viewable on a continuous basis throughout the week in the AERIES Parent and Student Portal as schools finalize their master schedules. Please check on a regular basis as schedules are being updated daily.
- On the first day of school, students should report to their assigned teacher’s webpage.
- If there is any question about who your student’s assigned teacher(s) is or accessing the AERIES Parent Portal, please contact your school office.
High school students and parents will receive detailed information from the District’s Secondary Curriculum and Instruction department on how to read their schedule on AERIES and instructions and orientation expectations, if applicable to their classes.
Please remember that as all students are beginning the school year with distance learning, any change from the Blended Learning program to the Distance Learning program will be considered when we are able to return to in-person instruction. Any change from the Distance Learning program to the Blended Learning program will be considered pending staff and space availability at the end of the trimester for elementary and junior high school students and at the end of the semester for high school students.
As always, I thank you for your partnership and shared determination to making this school year a success for our students. Despite the uncertainties of this global pandemic, our school district staff, teachers and administrators have put extensive work into developing programs that will continue to provide excellent education for our students.
Norm Enfield, Ed.D.