UPDATE TO THE CVUSD COMMUNITY REGARDING CHANGING STUDENT LEARNING MODEL
JANUARY 8, 2021
REQUEST FORM FOR ELEMENTARY AND JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: CLOSED
Dear CVUSD Parents and Guardians,
While we are already into our second trimester of distance learning, we remain optimistic that we will be able to offer in-person instruction at some point in the future. In order for schools to be eligible to provide district wide in-person instruction, state and county criteria need to be met. CVUSD will closely monitor the data from the California Department of Public Health and San Bernardino County Public Health to prepare for the opening of in-person learning.
The final opportunity for students to change their learning model (In-person or Distance Learning) will be at the end of trimester 2 for elementary and junior high school students only. Learning model changes will take effect for elementary and junior high on February 23rd. Cal Aero Elementary-Track D changes will take effect on April 5th . Change requests shall only be accommodated if there is room in the classrooms and staff availability.
The application to request a change in the learning model for elementary and junior high school students will be available from January 11th through January 22nd at 3:00 p.m. on the District and School websites. You should not complete an application if you want your student to remain in their current learning model. All applications will be reviewed and placed into random order for consideration at your school site. If your application to switch learning models is approved, you will be notified by your school site no later than February 12th . An AERIES communication will be sent to all our families with information on when they can access new teacher and schedule information in AERIES parent portal.
Important Reminders for Applicants Wishing to Request Learning Model Change:
• At any time, in-person instruction may include participation in a blended model or a traditional setting with all students attending every day
• If a change request is not made, students shall remain in their current learning model
• Teacher(s) and schedules will change
• Once submitted, all applications are final and cannot be withdrawn
• Submitting an application does not guarantee the switching to a different learning model
• Special education case carriers may change
• Only submit one application per student
Thank you for your partnership as we navigate through this unprecedented time together!
Norm Enfield, Ed.D.