UPDATE TO THE CVUSD COMMUNITY REGARDING CHANGE REQUESTS FOR LEARNING OPTIONS
AUGUST 31, 2020
Dear CVUSD Parents and Guardians:
While we are already into a month of distance learning, we remain optimistic that we will be able to offer in-person instruction in the near future. In order for schools to be eligible to provide district wide in-person instruction, state and county criteria need to be met. CVUSD will closely monitor the data from the California Department of Public Health and San Bernardino County Public Health to prepare for the opening of in-person learning.
The first opportunity for students to change their learning model (In-person or Distance Learning) will be at the end of trimester 1 for elementary and junior high and semester 1 for high school students. Learning model changes will take effect for elementary and junior high on November 2nd. Cal Aero Elementary-Track D changes will take effect on November 30th. Change requests shall only be accommodated if there is room in the classrooms and staff availability.
The application to request a change in the learning model for elementary and junior high school students will be available from September 8th through September 18th at 4:00 p.m. on the District and School websites. You should not complete an application if you want your student to remain in their current learning model. All applications will be reviewed and placed into random order for consideration at your school site. If your application to switch learning models is approved, you will be notified by your school site no later than October 23rd. An AERIES communication will be sent to all our families with information on when they can access new teacher and schedule information in AERIES parent portal.
Important Reminders for Applicants Wishing to Request Learning Model Change:
• At any time, in-person instruction may include participation in a blended model that could change to a traditional setting with all students attending every day
• If a change request is not made, students shall remain in their current learning model
• Teacher(s) and schedules will change
• Once submitted, all applications are final and cannot be withdrawn
• Submitting an application does not guarantee the switching to a different learning model
• Special education case carriers may change
• Only submit one application per student
Applications for switching learning models for high school students will be available from September 21- October 2 on the District and School websites.
Thank you for your partnership in creating a successful educational experience for our students!
Norm Enfield, Ed.D.