March 14, 2022
Dear CVUSD Parents, Guardians, and Staff,
With the easing of COVID-19 protocols and spring break just around the corner, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is building upon existing efforts to keeping schools safe as school communities return from break. CDPH has provided school districts with a second allotment of one-time at-home COVID-19 antigen test kits.
Similar to test kits provided to students at the beginning of the year, I’d like to clarify a few things regarding this allocation of tests and testing expectations:
- While the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) highly recommends that students test prior to returning to school, there is no associated state-wide requirement to test or provide a negative test result prior to returning to campus. At-home test kits are an added layer of protection to mitigate an outbreak among students and staff to keep everyone in the classroom for in-person instruction.
- Test kits are free for all K-12 students.
- Students are not obligated to accept a test kit. Parents and guardians who would like to decline receiving a test kit for their student are welcome to complete an opt-out form that can be returned to their student’s school site. The opt-out form will be available on the district website.
- School site administrators will provide their school community with a communication that lists the date test kits will be sent home with students.
- Parents and guardians of students currently enrolled in the Home/Hospital program may pick up their student’s test kit at the Alternative Education Center (AEC) located at 15650 Pipeline Ave. in Chino Hills.
- The one-time, optional test kit can be used when a parent or guardian would like to screen for the presence of the COVID-19 virus in their student. If a positive test result is received, please notify your school site health office immediately.
While masking directives for K-12 schools will shift to personal choice beginning March 12, 2022, current isolation and group contact tracing guidelines will remain in effect until further notice. My staff and I will continue to share updates with our community as the District adopts endemic practices.
Thank you for your continued support and flexibility.
Norm Enfield, Ed.D.